After five years as a spoiled expat employee in Paris, I arrived in Antwerp as an non-EU national.
I am married to an EU national, so my position is less tenuous than when I first came to live in Europe. However, I am still not a European, so I have to follow the rules of any outsider. This blog chronicles those rules as they relate to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer Sundays for kids at Antwerp's Photo Museum | Zomerse Zondagen
My four-year-old, my four-month-old, and I did Zomerse Zondagen ("Summer Sundays") several times at the Antwerpen Fotomuseum and ...
-
Belgium has several official communities or "gemeenschap" in Flemish: Flanders, or the Dutch-speaking community (Vlaanderen...
-
When are the Belgian holidays? Belgium has several public holidays - in addition to what averages out to about a month of paid leave per ...
-
Something that took me too long to discover: the huge KBC bank in the centre of downtown Antwerp is what the locals call the "Farm buil...

No comments:
Post a Comment